Рукодельные форумы на HobbyPortal.ru
Рукодельные форумы на HobbyPortal.ruБывшие форумы Мелиссы
Рукодельные форумы на HobbyPortal.ru
 FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   medals.phpНаграды   РегистрацияРегистрация  ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   Правила форумаПравила форума   ФотогалереяФотогалерея   Линейки от myJaneЛинейки   ВходВход   Женский журнал myJaneЖенский журнал myJane   Кулинария на Поварёнок.руКулинария на Поварёнок.ру   Товары для рукоделия: Тётушка.ру 

Все уже в сообществах на Hobbyportal.ru, а вы всё ещё здесь?

Уважаемые пользователи форума Hobbyportal.ru, по решению администрации портала, форум Хоббипортал продолжит своё существование в автономном режиме и больше не будет поддерживаться. Все мастера рукоделия теперь обсуждают самые интересные темы в разделе Сообщества на Hobbyportal.ru, присоединяйтесь!

Topic of the week
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.

Этот форум закрыт, вы не можете писать новые сообщения и редактировать старые.   Эта тема закрыта, вы не можете писать ответы и редактировать сообщения.   вывод темы на печать    Форумы на HobbyPortal.ru -> Языковые форумы -> Английский
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Кикимора
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 Фев 2007 15:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Galochka писал(а):
Schwarzeneger has proposed a lot of initiatives,but so far they are just initiatives,after all California has a lot of financial problems which require money too.So I wonder how far he will go to make his ideas true.Maybe all this stuff are only initiatives which go nowhere,but attract people's attention. Smile

Are those his initiatives? May be somebody only advising him to make a nose?
In such case I would always remember saying
"If star was lighted up, this means somebody has need in it"
What really I want to say - that somebody through initiatives to public as bones to the dogs - an checking everybody’s reaction.
Alishka

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 Фев 2007 22:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Oh dear God how much I love these comments "For Americans money is first and everything second." Especially how it fails to differentiate individuals from corporate entities and how it, in one swift stroke, separates Americans from the rest of the world. Well it’s certainly hard to argue with absolutisms like that and yet I would like to contribute to the discussion:
Yes, corporations are concerned with profit-making. And I believe they should be concerned with profit-making! In the true spirit of free market economists I believe it is the duty of the firm to maximize the return to its shareholders (investors). And it is the duty of the Government to impose regulations of social/environmental issues. It is also the duty of the Public to encourage/demand that corporations undertake social/environmental initiatives. And guess what? It’s happening. In different countries this movement is propelled by different sources – in some European countries and in Canada it is mainly government driven – for which I offer my great respect to the governments. In US until recently it has been Public-driven – lawsuits, boycotts, shareholder pressure (many of those very successful). But even in US it has increasingly become government-driven as well. The questions of environment have historically failed to be adequately addressed at the federal level but only recently did the states receive the power (and have begun to use it) to draft their own environmental requirements. So while California may still debate their plans many states and cities already put initiatives in place. For example, the city of New York (historically one of the dirtiest air cities in US) has made drastic improvements. By regulation, all heavy manufacturing have been removed from the city, it now has the largest diesel-hybrid bus fleet in the country, and the tap water is actually safe to drink. All this was done by state and city officials (and public pressure) and local corporations have adjusted accordingly. So is all environmental talk, just talk? We are left to see and to act (and some of us to generalize).

Кикимора
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: 15 Фев 2007 02:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Alishka писал(а):
Canada it is mainly government driven

This is absolutism or properly to say generalization too.Surprised
By the way it may be even more generalization than absolutism. IMHO:4u:
Democracy can not be completely driven by government by definition. Crying or Very sad
Galochka
Модератор
Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: 15 Фев 2007 06:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Кикимора
I agree! Democracy can not be completely driven by government by definition. Crying or Very sad

meteliza

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 Фев 2007 14:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Back to environment, what is your opinion on genetically modified food?
In France we have only corn authorized to be genetically modified.
In the US, do you have much GMO food?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Кикимора
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: 24 Фев 2007 17:35    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This is my choice of the food
and all genetically modified food - is not for me
meteliza

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: 24 Фев 2007 20:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
all genetically modified food - is not for me

do you have any secrets for choosing a good, non-modified food? Confused
normally the producers are not obliged to mark on the packing if their products contain any gmo.
Кикимора
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: 24 Фев 2007 21:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

From you PF i was unable to understand where are you living now? I am living in Moscow and was born in Baku - this was provided me with some experience about fruits and vegetable (how they look, smell, size and color)
Something unusual that that or not suppose to be, or too good to be true things - is GMO (GoMnO) but it is good for Moscow and Baku- nothing can say about USA and ets...
meteliza

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: 25 Фев 2007 13:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Кикимора
I live in Toulouse, France Smile and I was born in Sverdlovsk

I think were are all concerned by GM food as companies sell their products all over the globe. And even non-modified plants may be "contaminated" 'cause pollen is blown with winds and affects other plants.
Кикимора
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: 25 Фев 2007 17:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Only thing that I can tell you in this case - try to find real small or middle size farmer and by from him or her - or on farmer market -in this case produce will be fresher and less genetic - Pay attention on absence of smell, unusual big or small size - unreal shape, and again - I know well how normal food suppose to bee as I remember it from my past experience - and I can not describe it - this is special skill, that you can learn only being a custom to real farmers market.....
Galochka
Модератор
Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: 25 Фев 2007 19:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, I think in Russia it is easier to determine by smell and color what fruit and vegetables are grown in a natural way and those which are modified.But actually here in the USA,I suppose,you can rely on supermarkets and go to the section which sells organic foods or go to the local farmers' market. I personally don't have any secrets of choosing the right produce! Crying or Very sad
Кикимора
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: 25 Фев 2007 21:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Galochka
Impossible!
You simply never pay attentions how you really make your choices - because you are doing it automatically.
Think about it for the moment....
meteliza

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 Фев 2007 15:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Кикимора
thank you for your advice Very Happy
In fact, I buy vegetables at a bio market, where products are garanteed organic.

Кикимора писал(а):
Pay attention on absence of smell, unusual big or small size - unreal shape, and again - I know well how normal food suppose to bee as I remember it from my past experience - and I can not describe it - this is special skill, that you can learn only being a custom to real farmers market.....

GM food has absolutely normal look and smell and taste Wink
meteliza

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 Фев 2007 15:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

up
Кикимора
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 Фев 2007 22:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

meteliza писал(а):
Кикимора
thank you for your advice Very Happy
In fact, I buy vegetables at a bio market, where products are garanteed organic.

I do not believe in this propaganda or bull shit (of cause it is your believes, but I think companies that try to sell the same but more expensive)Для тебя!

Цитата:
GM food has absolutely normal look and smell and taste Wink

Not for me - if you ever try real product you would not say that Боевой настрой
Этот форум закрыт, вы не можете писать новые сообщения и редактировать старые.   Эта тема закрыта, вы не можете писать ответы и редактировать сообщения.   вывод темы на печать    Форумы на HobbyPortal.ru -> Языковые форумы -> Английский Часовой пояс: GMT + 4
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Страница 2 из 4

Перейти: